Expert Assistance for Dog Breeders in Chandler AZ
Kennel Care Veterinary Hospital offers support for dog breeders throughout the reproductive process. Some of our services include:
- Canine progesterone testing—Evaluating when a female’s system is best ready for mating can save owners and the mating pair considerable stress. We are equipped to offer evaluations of progesterone levels through blood testing.
- Canine semen bank—Kennel Care Veterinary Hospital partners with a branch of the International Canine Semen Bank (ICSB) to safely store semen from dogs on a long-term basis.
- Semen collection—Whether artificial insemination is the goal or the collecting of semen to transport for breeding in other states or countries, our facility regularly handles semen collection for dogs.
- Breeding consultation—Natural, artificial, and surgical breeding options can be confusing, but our team will help you evaluate the best options for your mating pair.
- Pregnancy monitoring—We offer ultrasound and X-ray monitoring for pregnant bitches dependent on how far along the pregnancy has progressed.
- Whelping assistance—While sometimes whelping at the hospital is the best option, most frequently the birthing of pups can be handled by the dog owner, but we are available to help by phone or in the office as needed.
- Neonatal care—Early monitoring of pups to ensure a healthy start can be accomplished by our experienced team as well.
If you are considering using our reproductive services, we encourage you to complete this Breeding Questionnaire and bring it with you to your dog’s first appointment.